Press release - 20 December 2022
RENAULT TRUCKS ADDS HEALTH AND SAFETY FEATURES TO OPTIFLEET
Optifleet, Renault Trucks’ fleet management solution, helps hauliers both increase the profitability of their vehicles by reducing their operating costs and improve their own customers’ satisfaction. To help its customers boost their productivity even further, Renault Trucks is adding two new modules to Optifleet – “Health” and “Safety”. These are designed to help keep accidents and unplanned truck downtime to a minimum.
In the highly competitive road freight transport market, managing a business in real time and controlling its main expenditure items is clearly a competitive advantage. Renault Trucks’ Optifleet fleet management solution simplifies hauliers’ day-to-day operations and gives them the tools to optimise the performance of their trucks and their drivers. Optifleet now features five modules, each of which can be activated independently of the others to suit the needs of each haulier.
- The Check module monitors and optimises the fuel consumption of hauliers’ trucks, reducing overall CO2 emissions as a result, and analyses their drivers’ eco-driving performance, monitoring for any changes. This module also provides a live view of the battery charge level on electric vehicles.
- The Map module can geolocate trucks in real time, giving fleet managers the information they need to optimise their routes and improve customer satisfaction by informing them of the exact time the delivery driver will arrive.
- The Drive module monitors drivers’ activity and rest times. Tachograph data can be downloaded remotely to assist with administrative operations.
Renault Trucks is now adding two new features to Optifleet: the Health module and the Safety module:
- The new Health module sends messages about the warning lights on each vehicle’s dashboard, either as a real-time notification on the Optifleet portal or as an e-mail alert. The fleet manager can then plan the appropriate maintenance work and predict any potential truck downtime.
- The new Safety module monitors events related to a vehicle’s safety systems, such as the Advanced Emergency Braking System (AEBS), Electronic Stability Control (ESC) and Lane Departure Warning System (LDWS). This module also detects any excessive braking or acceleration. It sends the data, either in real time to the Optifleet portal or by email, to the haulier, who can then use it to perform an objective analysis of driving patterns. Targeted training can then be given to selected drivers to reduce the risk of accidents and premature wear and tear on vehicle components.
The Optifleet Check, Map, Drive, Health and Safety modules are available on the Renault Trucks T, C and K ranges. The Check, Map and Drive modules are available on the Renault Trucks D and D Wide ranges (electric and diesel). Optifleet is compatible with other truck brands.
Hauliers interested in integrating Optifleet data into their own fleet management software can access this data in real time through Optifleet’s APIs (Application Programming Interfaces).
Phone : +33 4 81 93 09 52
E-mail : email@example.com