Continuously improving the safety of city-dwellers, drivers and their loads is a constant focus for Renault Trucks. The manufacturer is therefore offering new features on its C and K ranges. Solutions that enable construction vehicles to better integrate in the city or on construction sites.
The integration of trucks into the increasingly dense traffic of large urban areas and the development of soft modes of transport requires ever-increasing attention to safety aspects.
Renault Trucks, which already equips its vehicles with a variety of safety systems, is offering new safety features. Simple, competitive and practical, these solutions meet customer requirements and improve the protection of vulnerable road users in urban environments.
• Emergency park brake application (anti-runaway mode) reduces the risk of unexpected vehicle movement when the driver leaves the cab, by automatically activating the braking system to immobilise the truck;
• The driver’s direct vision is improved by means of a passenger-side vision door that allows drivers to see any user on the road;
• The driver’s indirect vision is improved by means of surveillance cameras placed around the vehicle. Images from the road are displayed on the Roadpad+ screen;
• The detection of vulnerable users is enhanced by means of presence detectors located on the vehicle’s exterior, on the opposite side to the driver. The driver receives an audible and visual alert in the cab;
• An external user alert speaker warns vulnerable road users when the vehicle is about to manoeuvre on the opposite side to the driver, when the vehicle is reversing and when the driver is using the vehicle’s equipment arm;
• Two visual indicator repeaters complement the loudspeaker for road users with hearing loss or those wearing headphones, for example.
These safety systems are in addition to those already available on the Renault Trucks range, such as the Automated Emergency Braking System (AEBS), Forward Collision Warning (FCW), Lane Departure Warning System (LKS), Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC), Electronic Stability Control (ESC) and Electronic Parking Brake (EPB), automatically engaged when the engine stops. For driving safely on construction sites, trucks in the construction range are equipped with off-road mode and manual accelerator as standard.
Phone : +33 6 65 86 45 52
E-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org